Ingredients: * Chicken Breast:1 pound * Crushed ginger: 1 tablespoon * Soy Sauce: 3 tablespoons * Sesame Oil: 1 tablespoon * Mirin (S...
* Chicken Breast:1 pound
* Crushed ginger: 1 tablespoon
* Soy Sauce: 3 tablespoons
* Sesame Oil: 1 tablespoon
* Mirin (Sweet Cooking Wine): 1 tablespoon
* Katakuriko (Potato Starch): 4 tablespoons
* Flour: 4 tablespoons
* Vegetable Oil: As needed
1. Rinse Chicken breast under water and wipe off excess water. Cut into large 2-bite pieces (around an inch).
2. Combine chicken breast, ginger, soy sauce, mirin, and sesame oil in bowl. Cover, and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
3. Combine flour and potato starch. Sift mixture if desired.
4. Lightly cover chicken breast with flour and potato starch mixture.
5. In a large skillet or deep fryer, fry chicken in vegetable oil (375 F) until brown.
6. Remove chicken from oil and place on an absorbent sheet to rid of excess oil.
7. Serve hot or cold.
* You may replace ginger with garlic if desired.
* You may also fry the chicken with just the potato starch.